Easy Chicken & Dumplings Recipe

Months ago I tweeted that I was making Chicken & Dumplings in the Crockpot.
...or "Chicken n' Dumplins" as we call it in the south (they taste better if you say it like that, FYI).
Lots of recipe requests followed and have continued to this day. I figured I would put it on my blog so I could reference this post (and so obviously you guys could too) instead of me having to retype the recipe a million times through twitter or having to search back through MONTHS of tweets. No bueno.

So here it is! My super easy recipe for the ultimate comfort food, Chicken & Dumplings. I've made them the "southern" homemade way before (all southern grandmas know this skill and if you have the chance, get one to teach you sometime...haha), but I swear, this way is tastier. Sorry, grandmas.  And who can resist a good Crock Pot recipe?
You will DIE at how good this stuff is. It's one of my husband's all time fav dinners.

If you're a bit perplexed as to what the heck this stuff even is, it's super simple. Chicken and biscuits (cooked into a broth with the chicken to make yummy chewy dumplings). It's THE BEST.  Around our house, we eat it in a big bowl by itself. Sometimes, I'll make a veggie to go with it. It's delish with green beans or cooked carrots.  It can go with anything really.
But prepare for a dumplin'-induced food coma after this.  I warned you.
Ok enough gushing about how much I love this stuff... here's the goods.
Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings
(about 4 servings)
3-10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup (condensed, just the soup, don't add the water)
1-15 oz. can chicken broth
add about half a small can (about 5 oz.) of water
1 small onion, diced
3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
sprinkle of parsley
salt and pepper 
1 can refrigerator biscuits (not flaky layers), about 8 biscuits

Add all ingredients (except biscuits) to the Crock Pot. Cook on high for 5 hours. Chicken should fall apart by this point, but you can gently break it up with a spoon or fork. Cut up biscuits into pieces and throw them into the mix. Make sure to "reset" the Crock Pot (turn it back on) to high and cook biscuits for about 40 minutes. 

So eat up, buttercups! It's delish stuff.  Hope you love it!